If you are planning on a move soon, you might be wondering what the safest city in the U.S. is. Not only will you know your family is safer there, but you will prevent break-ins, burglaries, and vehicle theft. Law Street Media has put together a list of the top 10 safest cities, according to the city’s crime rate and various other factors.
- Irvine, California . California occasionally tops the list for having the most dangerous cities in the U.S., but it also has quite a few safe ones. Irvine, California is located in central California and is considered the safest city in the country according to the violent crimes by population. In 2012, there were 110 violent crimes with a population of just over 200,000 people.
- Gilbert, Arizona . Another city on the western part of the country is Gilbert, Arizona. There is only one police officer per 965 people in the city, and for good reason. It is considered a very safe city, with 5 murders and 205 violent crimes in 2012. This is a percentage of 95.68 safety rating.
- Plano, Texas. There are multiple Texas cities that are considered safe in the United States, beginning with Plano, Texas. Plano has a population of approximately 214,000 with a murder rate of 2.33 per 100,000 people. It is also an above-average income city with the median household income being over $83,000.
- Fremont, California. Another safe California city is Fremont, which is close to Silicon Valley. There is a murder rate at 0.09 per 100,000 people, and a little over 100 violent crimes per 100,000 people. It was also one of the safest cities over 200,000 people according to population in 2011.
- Scottsdale, Arizona. Scottsdale, Arizona is not only one of the safest cities in the country, but also one of the safest cities among populations over 200,000 people. Its murder rate is 0.13 per 100,000 people and the city only has one police officer per 557 people.
- Henderson, Nevada. In Henderson, Nevada, there is a low murder rate of 0.15 per 100,000 people. The population is close to others on the list at 623,469. There are 168.90 violent crimes per 100,000 people and one police officer for every 803 people in the city. Unfortunately, it has one of the highest unemployment rates in the country at over 17 percent.
- Virginia Beach, Virginia. If you want to live in Virginia Beach, you will not only have beautiful scenery, but a low crime rate as well. With a population of 447,588, this large city only has one police officer per 571 people. The violent crime rate is 169.35 per 100,000 people and 0.47 murders per 100,000 people.
- Irving, Texas. Irving has a population of over 224,000 people with a violent crime rate of 226.33 per 100,000 people. While this is higher than others on the list, there is a murder rate at just 0.13 per 100,000 people. It has a modest unemployment rate and modest household income as well.
- Garland, Texas. Yet another Texas city that is safe is Garland, Texas. This city has 324,984 people and a murder rate of just 0.3 per 100,000 people. The violent crime rate is 229.80 per 100,000 people. It also have several programs to help keep residents safe, including the Neighborhood Crime Watch program.
- Chula Vista, California. Chula Vista is located within San Diego County in California. It is a small, quaint community located near a large metro area. There is a murder rate at 0.32 per 100,000 people and violent crime rate of 232.56 per 100,000 people.
If your hometown didn’t make the list, don’t worry. You can get a GPS tracking device to protect your vehicle from theft.
Automatic alerts are a BIG feature that businesses with Fleet GPS tracking software will use to proactively monitor company vehicles. These alert notification are sent to any cellphone via text message or email address you specify.
Alert notification types include:
- Ignition Alert – Alerts when ignition is turned on or off, or both.
- Panic Alert – Driver initiated alert via installed panic button.
- Geo Fence Alert – Vehicles enters and/or exits a specific area
- Power Alerts – Vehicle battery is getting low
- Route Deviation Alert – Vehicle deviates from preset route
- Speed Alert – Vehicle exceeds a specified speed threshold Or, Posted Speed Limit
Benefits of these alerts?
- Instant event notification for unwanted driver behavior
- Action can be taken immediately
- Improves Safety
- Enhanced vehicle security
Interested in learning more? Call us today – 1-661-294-6805, LiveViewGPS Tracking You Can Trust!
1. Change your drivers behavior. This will save you money and improve safety. With SpeedGauge, you’ll know the exact location, as well as date/time when drivers have exceeded posted speed limits.
2. Reduce fuel your monthly fuel spend. Reduce idle times, miles driven and speeding.
3. Verify time at the job site to validate invoicing and employee time.
4. Recover a stolen vehicle and contents within it.
5. Many times, provides for an insurance reduction.
6. Improve Your Customer Service! Never ask – Where are my drivers at again!
7. Company vehicle location awareness and real time visibility.
LiveViewGPS loves telematics. Let us show you what we can do your your company today!