How GPS Vehicle Tracking Lowers Business Costs, Improves Customer Satisfaction and Increases Your Competitiveness24 May 2012
If you have a mobile fleet, do you know the location of every vehicle…right this second?
You can if you’ve installed a GPS vehicle tracking system. Such systems typically consist of GPS trackers placed in your vehicles (either hardwired or portable). Exact vehicle locations are tracked by satellites in real time, then relay the data to a GPS server that allows you to view every vehicle online via a web browser or web-enabled smart phone from anywhere in the world, 24/7. Typically these systems also generate essential reports that present an accurate analysis of your fleet operations. If the GPS system doesn’t track in real time, it’s considered a vehicle locator, showing where a vehicle is (or was) at a given moment.
Lower business costs
A GPS vehicle tracking system makes fleet operations more efficient, which lowers your business costs. You can:
- Determine which vehicles are closest to a customer for more accurate estimated times of arrival.
- Use real-time or historical data to determine the most efficient routes for any given day or time.
- Alert drivers of traffic jams and accidents and forward the best alternate routes to minimize delays.
- Track packages as they move so you know exactly where they are at all times, dramatically reducing “lost package syndrome.”
- Pinpoint where a vehicle has broken down to facilitate faster repairs.
- Reduce speeding and dangerous driving that can lead to accidents and higher insurance premiums.
- Receive detailed route reports for accurate billing and for avoiding litigation if a customer claims a driver never showed up or didn’t do the work promised.
- Improve driver efficiency by ensuring drivers are not taking unauthorized breaks.
By operating more efficiently, you can increase the number of deliveries within a given time frame, reduce idling and inefficient routing to lower fuel bills (sometime dramatically so), reduce wear and tear on fleet vehicles and enforce safety standards to lower insurance premiums.
Improve customer satisfaction
Which would your customers rather hear: “Our driver should be there sometime between 8 a.m. and noon”? Or “Our driver is on the way and should be there in 15 minutes”?
“We’re not sure where your package is, but it is en route”? Or “Your package is in Des Moines and should be arriving in three hours”?
In today’s world of instant communications, people want to know when-exactly, not when-probably.
By dispatching vehicles quickly and on time, you greatly improve your customers’ satisfaction.
Whether you have an extensive multi-national fleet or a local enterprise with a few vehicles, a GPS tracking system allows you to make informed choices and on-the-spot decisions to give you greater control over your business. As a result, you can operate more efficiently and more productively while lowering business costs and increasing customer satisfaction.
If you have this system and your competition doesn’t, you gain a crucial edge. If it’s the other way, the crucial edge is theirs. If both have it, at least the playing field is level.
It’s your choice.
LiveViewGPS is in the Business of helping Businesses succeed. Contact us today for a free no obligation assessment. Give us five minutes and learn more about how real-time GPS tracking could help your business succeed.